HIGFLY will develop the next generation of technologies for the production of advanced bio jet fuels from abundant and sustainable biomass feedstocks. In a nutshell, HIGFLY:
- Utilises abundant and sustainable feedstocks (e.g. second-generation biomass and macroalgae), focusing on feedstock flexibility and synergies across the bioenergy sector.
- Develops innovative, highly-efficient and scalable reactor and separation technologies to produce advanced bio jet fuels in a resource, energy and cost-effective manner.
- Develops new and robust catalytic materials and sustainable solvents for the renewable energy sector.
- Advances the knowledge of its innovative technologies by evaluation of the entire value chain (from feedstock(s) to bio jet fuel) to demonstrate the environmental, social and techno-economic performance of HIGFLY technologies and the prospect of regulatory compliance of HIGFLY’s bio jet fuel.
- HIGFLY will develop and demonstrate in a step-wise approach and under industrially relevant conditions (at TRL3-4) innovative and highly efficient conversion technologies and integrative approaches to valorise abundant and sustainable feedstocks in a resource-, energy- and cost-effective manner. This has the unique potential to increase the total share of advanced biofuels in the EU jet fuel market. In this way, HIGFLY addresses EU priorities for decarbonizing the transport sector.
Official Website: https://www.higfly.eu/
CALL / TOPIC: H2020-LC-SC3-2020-RES-RIA / LC-SC3-RES-1-2019-2020 – Developing the next generation of renewable energy technologies
Grant agreement ID: 101006618
Start – end date: 1 January 2021 – 31 December 2024
Budget and funding: € 3 994 322,50 / € 3 994 322,50
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101006618